The Museum of Art Building
100-Year-Old Landmark Revival
The Museum of Art Building marks the convergence of history, culture, and revitalization. The former Post Office Building was originally built in 1912 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as well as being a designated Fort Collins landmark. Upon taking over ownership in 2012, new life was brought to the building while still maintaining its existing character. The building continues to house the Fort Collins Museum of Art, which has been there since 1990, while adding new tenants to bring in more people and activate the whole building.
Building upgrades were made to attract new office tenants for the upper floors. A new highlight of the building is the garden-level restaurant, Blue Agave Grill. The restaurant has two patios spaces that open up to College Avenue and the Oak Street Plaza making it one of the most popular dining spots in town.