Job Opening – Leasing Consultant
Help us lease up at a brand new student community! Brinkman is seeking a Leasing Consultant to kick off the lease-up at the newest student community in Fort Collins! Be on the front lines of the newest building–right across from the new CSU stadium.
The Leasing Consultant will lead the leasing team during lease-up for the 2018-2019 lease term. Your expertise and market knowledge will steer us to successfully meeting and exceeding our leasing goals. You will be the first impression of our community! Engage prospects in demonstrating the amenities and features of the community, show value in location, services and lifestyle. As a leasing consultant, you’ll be managing the leasing life-cycle, touring prospects, answering leasing inquiries, and conducting prospect follow up. The successful candidate will possess confidence, self-motivation, creativity and organization, and enjoy sales and customer service. You will be the face of Brinkman–often the first contact for our prospective residents. It is your goal as a leasing consultant to meet with prospective residents, make a connection through a friendly smile or handshake and show them why they should select a Brinkman property as their home. We envision this person growing from a leasing consultant to a leadership role in the management of this incredible new building. Are you driven? Do you enjoy interacting with new people? Are you a CSU Rams fan?
Reports to: Regional Community Manager
Position Type & Expected Work Hours: Please note this position will be part-time (in-eligible for benefits) but will become full-time starting in October.
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Daily follow-up with prospects and leads
- Answer questions related to all aspects of the leasing process, including on-line application questions
- Schedule property tours, show apartments, and effectively close
- Convert applications to executed leases, review leases, and obtain signatures from tenants and guarantors
- Coordinate move-ins and move-outs
- Support property management, maintenance, and accounting teams as needed during seasonal peak demands
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in leasing student or multi-family housing
- Competitive nature, while still team-focused with all-in attitude
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and initiative
- Excellent communication skills, active listening, and ability to establish and build interpersonal relationships with a wide range of people.
- Must be a true “people person” and thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Innovative and adaptable, with ability to learn new things quickly
- Excellent with technology (Microsoft Office products, CRM and social media)
- Comfort with varying sales approaches, ability to adjust to the best approach on the fly
- Familiar with Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Housing, state and local landlord/tenant laws
- Willing to work weekends, holidays and evening shifts
- Prior Customer Service experience, such as retail sales
- Attention to detail, planning and organizing skills to perform required office activities and coordinate paperwork related to the leasing process.
- Prior experience with a property management software a plus (we use Yardi Voyager)
- Desire to build a career in the real estate industry
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university
- Must possess a current driver’s license, valid for the past 12 consecutive months
- Must have acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Background checks are part of our hiring process
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Based in Fort Collins, CO, Brinkman has been shaping the real estate landscape of Northern Colorado for over a decade. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of such accolades as Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and have been named a Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Company for nine consecutive years.
Brinkman is a community-focused real estate development and investment company. Our team is made up of innovators who strive to better ourselves, strengthen our partnerships, and to use business as a force for good.
We uphold a mission-driven business model which roots our gauge for success in the positive impact we have on families and communities. We create meaningful spaces that infuse vibrancy into neighborhoods and provide unique experiences to its inhabitants. Our environmentally conscious developments accomplish financial results that generate a collective economic impact for communities, businesses, individuals, and investors.
Our Triple Bottom Line
These are our non-negotiables when it comes to doing business. We revisit these three tenets when deciding what projects to embark on and the like-minded partners with whom we’ll work.
PEOPLE: We measure success by the impact we have on families and communities.
PLACE: We create meaningful spaces through environmentally conscious developments.
PROSPERITY: We generate financial results that produce a collective economic impact.
Our Core Values
Be All In
Be the Change
Do the Right Thing
Find Your Balance
TO APPLY: EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@BRINKMANCOLORADO.COM