Job Opening – Senior Real Estate Analyst
The Senior Real Estate Analyst position supports strategic organizational decision-making and analysis accuracy by providing accurate analysis tools and information as part of the Brinkman Team. This position will work closely with the CEO, Director of Project Logistics, Development Team, and Real Estate Management Team on a day-to-day basis. This team member is responsible for supporting the organization in analysis functions for development projects, acquisition projects and owned assets. This person will focus on ensuring that each team throughout the organization has accurate and efficient tools and resources to understand projects and make strategic decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data.
Position Type & Expected Work Hours:
This is a full-time position requiring occasional evening & weekend hours as job duties demand.
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Qualifications & Essential Functions:
Financial Analysis and Modeling
- Develop and maintain development project models in Excel
- Develop and maintain acquisition project models in ARGUS
- Ensure proper version control and policy adherence during model modification
- Utilize resources to ensure use of proper market data and assumptions in all real estate models
- Review proposed financing terms for projects to determine feasibility and identify potential issues with structure
- Create and analyze asset management models – i.e. hold vs sell analysis, refinancing analysis
- Conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis exercises to “stress test” projects and project structures
- Generate presentation versions of all models for internal and external review of real estate projects
- Created written summaries of terms and analysis for use in packages and internal and external communications
Effective and Accurate Financial Due Diligence Review
- Review and analyze historical property data to inform projections and modeling of acquisition projects
- Review varied lease/transaction structures in conjunction with proposed financing terms for acquisition and re-development projects
Tool and Database Management
- Develop stand-alone financial analysis tools for use by development managers, brokers, and other key personnel in day-to-day operations and decision making
- Develop and maintain databases tracking historical data and project figures for generation of company metrics
- Assist other departments with review and analysis of database/financial tools to ensure efficient and effective processes
- Review market data for project opportunities and relevant data
- Conduct real estate market research, as needed, to inform real estate decisions and market analysis
- Work with leasing, property management, and accounting groups to collect and provide accurate market data resources
Other Necessary Skills
- Organized and dedicated to operational excellence and proper systems to ensure accuracy
- Desire to learn and grow with the organization and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and dedicated to accuracy and efficiency in all work product
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook and Word
- Must have current driver’s license, valid for the past consecutive 12 months
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Background checks are part of our hiring process
- 2+ years of experience in real estate, finance, or a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, finance, or a related field
- Real estate industry experience required
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required
- Background in ARGUS preferred
- Experience with HUD 221(d)(4) financed projects preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Project Management, or related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Our Company:
Based in Fort Collins, CO, Brinkman has been shaping the real estate landscape of Northern Colorado for over a decade. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of such accolades as Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and have been named a Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Company for nine consecutive years.
Brinkman is a community-focused real estate development and investment company. Our team is made up of innovators who strive to better ourselves, strengthen our partnerships, and to use business as a force for good.
We uphold a mission-driven business model which roots our gauge for success in the positive impact we have on families and communities. We create meaningful spaces that infuse vibrancy into neighborhoods and provide unique experiences to its inhabitants. Our environmentally conscious developments accomplish financial results that generate a collective economic impact for communities, businesses, individuals, and investors.
Our Triple Bottom Line:
These are our non-negotiables when it comes to doing business. We revisit these three tenets when deciding what projects to embark on and the like-minded partners with whom we’ll work.
PEOPLE: We measure success by the impact we have on families and communities.
PLACE: We create meaningful spaces through environmentally conscious developments.
PROSPERITY: We generate financial results that produce a collective economic impact.
Our Core Values:
- Be All In
- Dare Greatly
- Be the Change
- Communicate Authentically
- Do the Right Thing
- Find Your Balance
Our Benefits Package:
- 8 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off
- 401k + company match
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Profit sharing program
- Spot bonus program
- Core values recognition program
Please view our website for more information on Brinkman: http://brinkmancolorado.com/contact-brinkman/careers/
To apply, please email resume to: email@example.com