Job Opening – Porter/Groundskeeper
Brinkman is looking to hire a highly motivated Porter/Groundskeeper to join our team in supporting our residential and commercial portfolio of properties!
Maintain the curb appeal, grounds and general appearance of the Brinkman portfolio of residential and commercial properties as assigned by the Residential and Commercial Property Managers, to include policing the grounds, cleaning and odor control of trash areas, common area floor care, trash removal for vacated apartments, cleaning of walkways, stairwells, mailbox areas, parking lots, some common-area painting, to include model up-keep, as well as some vacant unit cleaning. This position works in tandem with the Building Engineers with opportunity to expand skills and material knowledge of building operations and maintenance.
Reports to: Residential Property Manager
Position Type & Expected Work Hours: This is a full-time position requiring occasional evening & weekend hours as job duties demand.
Location: Fort Collins, Loveland, & Steamboat Springs, Colo.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for daily upkeep, including cleaning and removing trash, of the common areas of properties, model units, restrooms and common areas
- Light landscaping work including wedding, seeding, fertilization and planting
- Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including cleaning and removing trash from vacant units (trash outs) prior to make-ready
- Monitor and assist in replacing common-area lighting
- Responsible for care, maintenance, and inventory of all cleaning supplies and equipment owned by the properties
- Responsible for maintaining the required uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Must be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants and property management team by upholding Brinkman’s mission and core values
- Must be able to work as an effective part of the property management team by responding to change and special needs with flexibility in a positive manner
- Other duties as assigned including assisting Building Engineers with maintenance requests, special projects and landscaping
- Must have one’s own basic tools
- Flexible schedule and willing and able to work on-call evenings and weekends
- Basic computer and mobile application skills. Previous experience with Yardi or MRI is a plus
- Ability to understand basic instructions verbally or in written form
- Ability to multi-task and have good organizational skills
- Ability to frequently stand and walk
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Ability to frequently climb, kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl
- Ability to work around chemical cleaning solutions
- Must have reliable vehicle & current auto insurance
- Current driver’s license & valid for the past consecutive 12 months
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Background check process is a part of our hiring process
- Three to six months of experience as a Porter/Groundskeeper in a residential, commercial, hospitality or similar industry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Our Company
Based in Fort Collins, CO, Brinkman has been shaping the real estate landscape of Northern Colorado for over a decade. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of such accolades as Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and have been named a Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Company for nine consecutive years.
Brinkman is a community-focused real estate development and investment company. Our team is made up of innovators who strive to better ourselves, strengthen our partnerships, and to use business as a force for good.
We uphold a mission-driven business model which roots our gauge for success in the positive impact we have on families and communities. We create meaningful spaces that infuse vibrancy into neighborhoods and provide unique experiences to its inhabitants. Our environmentally conscious developments accomplish financial results that generate a collective economic impact for communities, businesses, individuals, and investors.
Our Triple Bottom Line
These are our non-negotiables when it comes to doing business. We revisit these three tenets when deciding what projects to embark on and the like-minded partners with whom we’ll work.
PEOPLE: We measure success by the impact we have on families and communities.
PLACE: We create meaningful spaces through environmentally conscious developments.
PROSPERITY: We generate financial results that produce a collective economic impact.
Our Core Values
- Be All In
- Dare Greatly
- Be the Change
- Communicate Authentically
- Do the Right Thing
- Find Your Balance
Our Benefits Package
- 8 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off
- 401k + company match
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Profit sharing program
- Spot bonus program
- Core values recognition program
To apply, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org