Job Opening – Payroll and Benefits Manager
Brinkman Shared Services, supporting Brinkman and Brinkman Construction, is seeking a dynamic, personable, experienced Payroll and Benefits Manager to join our outstanding team of accounting and finance professionals. This highly critical, dynamic position is responsible for the payroll and benefits processing and administration across the entire organization, consisting of three entities and approximately 130 employees.
This position requires a passion for customer service and employee interaction. Our ideal candidate must pay attention to detail, love numbers, thrive on meeting deadlines, and be an analytical thinker. High emotional intelligence and the ability to handle confidential information with integrity is essential.
Reports to: Controller
Location: Fort Collins
- Responsible for semi-monthly payroll processing for three growing companies and 130 employees.
- Interacts with employees regarding questions relating to payroll, benefits and our Payroll/HRIS system (Paylocity).
- Creates and maintains employee records within the payroll system.
- Trains new employees on the payroll system including time cards, PTO requests, pay advice retrieval, etc.
- Works closely with our HR department on employee relations and internal communication.
- Manages all aspects of employee benefits including open enrollment meetings, new hire enrollments, qualifying event changes, terminations, reconciliations, and communication with benefits broker and carriers.
- Administers the online benefits portal management (Employee Navigator).
- Administers the 401k plan including compliance and communicates with plan advisors.
- Administers ESOP compliance and communicates with plan advisors.
- ACA – Benefits compliance and on-going verification of information accuracy.
- Year-End verifications and tax form distribution – W2’s and 1095 forms.
- E-verify all new hires and handle employment verifications.
- Census and salary survey completion.
- Handles off-boarding and termination responsibilities for payroll and benefits.
- Maintains Payroll/HRIS self-service portal with company documents and form documents, etc.
- Tracks maintenance and reports time off accruals and balances.
- Supports accounting with invoice processing and month-end reconciliations.
- Other opportunities as time allows.
skills and experience:
- Three to five years of payroll and benefits administration experience including handling employee records administration; benefit enrollments, terminations, reconciliations; and payroll system administration and maintenance.
- Cloud based payroll and HR software experience preferred. Paylocity experience a plus.
- Ability to build strong relationships and provide excellent internal customer service.
- Ability to prepare policies and procedures and create ad hoc reports as requested.
- Experience handling confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Attention to details with high degree of accuracy. Proactive and deadline oriented.
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record, Background and Education checks are part of our hiring process.
desired skills and experience:
- Certified Payroll Professional a plus!
- Associate’s Degree from accredited college; or a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Our Companies
Based in Fort Collins, CO, and with an office in Denver, Brinkman Construction Inc. and Brinkman have been shaping the real estate landscape of Colorado for over a decade. Brinkman Construction is a 100% employee owned commercial construction company. Brinkman is a community-focused real estate development and investment company. Together, both companies are strategically aligned to leverage their partnership to best serve their clients and deepen our community impact.
Our Shared Services Team provides efficient support to both Brinkman Construction and Brinkman. Our Shared Services team members embody both sets of core values and align their objectives with both company visions.
Our people are at the cornerstone of our success and our workplace is one focused on creativity and collaboration. We are committed to top industry talent who exemplify our culture and are we are dedicated to creating opportunities in which every employee contributes to the growth of the organizations.
BRINKMAN & BRINKMAN CONSTRUCTION CORE VALUES:
- Be All In
- Dare Greatly
- Be the Change
- Communicate Authentically
- Do the Right Thing
- Find Your Balance
- Relationship Focused
- All In
- Forward Thinking
Our Benefits Package
- Generous Personal Time Off package
- 8 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off
- 401k + company match up to 4%
- Comprehensive employee paid health insurance
- Profit sharing program
- Spot bonus program
- Core values recognition program
- Employee ownership opportunities
To apply, please email resume to: email@example.com