Job Opening – Maintenance Technician
Our team is growing and we are looking for someone to grow with us. Come be part of a team that makes a difference in the communities we serve every day. Brinkman is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team in serving our residential and commercial properties! Be proud of the work you do every day – our team is inspired by the impact we make in our community.
At Brinkman, being a Maintenance Technician is a combination of hands-on maintenance and customer service. While you enjoy the hands-on work, it is your customer service that sets you apart. Your maintenance, construction, or general labor background gives you the skills to handle any maintenance task, and your customer service skills ensure that residential and commercial tenants are satisfied.
Reports to: Director of Real Estate Management
Position Type & Expected Work Hours: This is a full-time position requiring on-call availability, occasional evening and weekend hours, as job duties demand.
Location:Fort Collins-based with frequent trips to properties around northern Colorado and occasional trips to one Steamboat Springs property.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the appearance and working order of interiors, exteriors, common areas, and systems (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, roof, lighting, controlled access systems, etc.)
- Daily walking of properties, trash pick-up, weeding, grounds keeping, repair and maintenance
- Work directly with tenants and team members to diagnose, assess, and perform repairs and maintenance, and schedule third-party providers for major repairs and maintenance
- Unit turnover – prepare unit(s) for incoming tenants
- Support 24/7 on-call rotation, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Manage and evaluate the performance of third-party vendors
- Technical and troubleshooting experience in construction, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems, including maintenance and repair
- Ability to walk a property and move heavy equipment
- Professional, responsible, diligent, and self-motivated
- Experience operating computer and smartphone/tablet systems to manage and track service tickets
- Experience directing mechanics, technicians, and outside contractors on assigned projects, and to manage warranty issues with the construction general contractor and subcontractor
- 2+ years of multifamily maintenance experience
- Experience troubleshooting electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, appliances, solving problems professionally and independently
- Knowledge and application of building codes, laws and regulations
- Experience maintaining and tracking service tickets using property management software
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants and property management team by upholding Brinkman’s mission and core values
- Proficient in IT hardware and software, including Microsoft Office, iPhone/iPad, and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience in Yardi a plus
- Must have one’s own basic hand tools
- Current driver’s license and valid for the past consecutive 12 months
- Acceptable Background Check
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Our Company
Based in Fort Collins, CO, Brinkman has been shaping the real estate landscape of Northern Colorado for over a decade. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of such accolades as Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and have been named a Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Company for nine consecutive years.
Brinkman is a community-focused real estate development and investment company. Our team is made up of innovators who strive to better ourselves, strengthen our partnerships, and to use business as a force for good.
We uphold a mission-driven business model which roots our gauge for success in the positive impact we have on families and communities. We create meaningful spaces that infuse vibrancy into neighborhoods and provide unique experiences to its inhabitants. Our environmentally conscious developments accomplish financial results that generate a collective economic impact for communities, businesses, individuals, and investors.
Our Triple Bottom Line
These are our non-negotiables when it comes to doing business. We revisit these three tenets when deciding what projects to embark on and the like-minded partners with whom we’ll work.
PEOPLE: We measure success by the impact we have on families and communities.
PLACE: We create meaningful spaces through environmentally conscious developments.
PROSPERITY: We generate financial results that produce a collective economic impact.
Our Core Values
- Be All In
- Dare Greatly
- Be the Change
- Communicate Authentically
- Do the Right Thing
- Find Your Balance
Our Benefits Package
- 8 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off
- 401k + company match
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Profit sharing program
- Spot bonus program
- Core values recognition program
To apply, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org