Job Opening – Director of Human Resources & Talent Development
Due to the growth in our companies, Brinkman Shared Services, supporting Brinkman Construction and Brinkman, has a new position open; Director of Human Resources and Talent Development. This position will be a senior leader in the company managing our HR in planning, implementing, and evaluating the human resource function and performance. This leader will be skilled at executing on the companies staffing goals and strategies to support productive and profitable business operations. This position will interact directly with leaders in the organization in the role of an HR business partner understanding and supporting all employees in creating a highly engaged and high performing culture. This person will lead and support our HR team that is responsible for hiring, payroll, benefits, employee relations and health and wellness. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of our general contracting construction company and our real estate development and investment operating businesses in a dynamic and innovative environment and culture.
Reports to: CFO/COO
Position Type & Expected Work Hours: This is a full-time position requiring occasional evening & weekend hours as job duties demand.
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Experienced manager and leader embracing our core values and encouraging others.
- Proven success in building high performing teams through trust, engagement and coaching.
- Skilled in listening, relationship building, and problem solving to lead the team and organization in creating innovative effective HR strategies in line with organizational objectives and best practices.
- Serve as a business partner with hiring managers to develop strategies that help recruit and retain the best talent in a reasonable time frame.
- Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to influence and positively impact the recruiting and hiring process.
- Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing initiatives and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Manage full cycle recruiting – post, source, prescreen, schedule, background, references, offer, and onboarding, within time-to-start metrics.
- Review, analyze, improve and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Leader in helping the organization execute on a talent review process that encourages growth of our employees, supports our business goals and incorporates opportunity.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefit programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and recognition.
- Support management by providing human resource advice, counsel and decisions by analyzing situations and information.
- Spearhead communication and education that creates enthusiasm and support for our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or Psychology required.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- 12+ years in progressive and successful human resource leadership with fast growing entrepreneurial companies. ESOP company experience a plus.
- SPHR and/or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- Hands on experience and knowledge in various aspects of HR including employee relations, HR partnership, compensation and benefits, HRIS analytics, staffing acquisition and talent development.
- Highly motivated, persuasive and collaborative professional.
- High degree of work ethic and professional transparency.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team as a strategic and tactical partner and advisor to management.
About Our CompanIES
Based in Fort Collins, CO, and with an office in Denver, Brinkman Construction Inc. and Brinkman have been shaping the real estate landscape of Colorado for over a decade. Brinkman Construction is a 100% employee owned commercial construction company. Brinkman is a community-focused real estate development and investment company. Together, both companies are strategically aligned to leverage their partnership to best serve their clients and deepen our community impact.
Our Shared Services Team provides efficient support to both Brinkman Construction and Brinkman. Our Shared Services team members embody both sets of core values and align their objectives with both company visions.
Our people are at the cornerstone of our success and our workplace is one focused on creativity and collaboration. We are committed to top industry talent who exemplify our culture and are we are dedicated to creating opportunities in which every employee contributes to the growth of the organizations.
Our Benefits Package:
- 8 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off
- 401k + company match
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Profit sharing program
- Spot bonus program
- Core values recognition program
- Potential employee ownership opportunities
To apply, please email resume to: email@example.com