Job Opening – Assistant Development Manager of Real Estate
The Assistant Development Manager of Real Estate will support project specific aspects within the Brinkman Development Service Group, working closely with several Development Managers on varying project types. The Assistant Development Manager will work closely with the Director of Development in developing a growth plan with the intent to work into a Development Manager position as the growth of the company allows. As a leader with an all-in attitude, this individual will utilize technical real estate/development skills and interpersonal skills to build relationships, and will participate in a high performing team. A Real Estate background is a must and a Finance background is preferred. Adaptable to smart change and seeking to document and improve cross functional processes, the newest member of the Brinkman family will be energized and committed to the future growth and success of the company. Travel to and from project sites will be required.
Reports To: Development Director
Position Type & Expected Work Hours:
This is a full-time position requiring occasional evening & weekend hours as job duties demand.
Location: Fort Collins, CO
- Support a variety of projects with the Development Team and take accountability for their success
- Support development projects through the entitlement, design, pre-construction and construction administration phases
- Project submittals to the local authorities
- Project cost reporting and projections
- Data management within project pro formas
QUALIFICATIONS – REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, finance, construction management, planning, architecture or similar field
- Industry experience within real estate, construction or finance with real estate
- Strong proficiency in Excel financial models; Argus and MS Projects experience a plus
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership of assignments with high quality results
- Ability to thrive in a growing entrepreneurial company and a history of participating in high performance teams, culture and fostering employee morale
- Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective relationship building skills and ability to provide high touch customer service
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities and special projects as this is a growth position
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable MVR per company policy.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Our Company:
Based in Fort Collins, CO, Brinkman has been shaping the real estate landscape of Northern Colorado for over a decade. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of such accolades as Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and have been named a Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Company for nine consecutive years.
Brinkman is a community-focused real estate development and investment company. Our team is made up of innovators who strive to better ourselves, strengthen our partnerships, and to use business as a force for good.
We uphold a mission-driven business model which roots our gauge for success in the positive impact we have on families and communities. We create meaningful spaces that infuse vibrancy into neighborhoods and provide unique experiences to its inhabitants. Our environmentally conscious developments accomplish financial results that generate a collective economic impact for communities, businesses, individuals, and investors.
Our Triple Bottom Line:
These are our non-negotiables when it comes to doing business. We revisit these three tenets when deciding what projects to embark on and the like-minded partners with whom we’ll work.
PEOPLE: We measure success by the impact we have on families and communities.
PLACE: We create meaningful spaces through environmentally conscious developments.
PROSPERITY: We generate financial results that produce a collective economic impact.
Our Core Values:
- Be All In
- Dare Greatly
- Be the Change
- Communicate Authentically
- Do the Right Thing
- Find Your Balance
Our Benefits Package:
- 8 hours of paid Volunteer Time Off
- 401k + company match
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Profit sharing program
- Spot bonus program
- Core values recognition program
To apply, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org